PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Brown women's tennis team was defeated by Harvard, 4-3, on Friday at the Pizzitola Sports Center. Harvard claimed the doubles point and split singles with Brown.
The Crimson won the doubles point with wins in second and third doubles, both by a score of 6-3.
In singles play, Harvard won first and second singles while junior Maddie Stearns (Short Hills, N.J.) picked up a solid win in third singles (6-2, 6-2) for the Bears. Sophomores Katie Ta (Mission Viejo, Calif.) (6-4, 2-6, (10-7)) and Taylor Cosme (New Hyde Park, N.Y.) (7-5, 6-4) posted the other two Brown wins in fifth and sixth singles, respectively.
The Bears will next travel to No. 43 Dartmouth for a noon time match on Sunday, April 9.
1. Lord/Benotto (B) vs. Oosterhout/Lee (H) 4-3 Unfinished
2. Milunovich/Gonzalez (H) def. Chamdani/Simon (B) 6-3
3. Xiong/Ringblom (H) def. Stearns/Jack (B) 6-3
1. Oosterhout (H) def. Lord (B) 6-1 7-5
2. Lee (H) def. Benotto (B) 6-4 6-4
3. Stearns (B) def. Milunovich (H) 6-2 6-2
4. Lu (H) def. Jack (B) 6-2 6-4
5. Ta (B) def. Ringblom (H) 6-4 2-6 (10-7)
6. Cosme (B) def. Gonzalez (H) 7-5 6-4
Women’s Tennis Edged by Harvard, 4-3